Wednesday 6/19/19


Teams of 2-3:
150′ Wheelbarrow,
Then 3 Rounds of:
60/45 Calories Bike,
45 Jumping Lunges.
Only one person can work at a time and
during the bike segment – partners not riding
must hold a wall sit.

Tuesday Night Musings with Coach Alecio.

The future of CrossFit Helo

Tonight I just wanted to give each of you, our members, an update on the latest with the location of Helo. 

As some of you may know, we started the process of buying our own building for the new location of Helo back in January because our 6 year lease is up in the fall (and, unfortunately, our neighbor already negotiated an option to purchase our space before we did). After some hard fought battles and Julia working her fanny off to get everything submitted, we got commercial loan approval, put down the earnest money deposit, and purchased 2 of 5 units in a building approved to go up just behind the current space that we are at (in the undeveloped gravel area where overflow parking currently goes). Building on the lot was to begin at the beginning of May with anticipated completion around October. Obviously, many of you may have also noticed that no holes have been dug and construction has not started. 

Alas, we found out about two and a half weeks ago that our builder/owner of the lot was having problems getting independent financing for the entire building and he informed us that he could not complete by the end of September timeline. 

This bad news has now sent us scrambling for other options. We have looked around for other spaces to buy or rent and while the space is not much bigger, or sometimes even smaller, the price is proving the biggest obstacle. Buildings half our size are renting for double what we currently pay and anything for sale in the right size is above our approved amount. This is the reason we started our search for a building to buy in the first place. We figured if we were going to pay that much a month, we might as well own the building and negotiate the past deal possible. This has been disheartening to say the least and has been weighing heavily on our shoulders. 

Last week, the agent for the owner/builder of the lot said that there is a chance the owner might have the issue resolved shortly on our original building. If that’s the case, we would be back on track, only way behind schedule leaving us without a home for a couple of months.  

Unfortunately, this is our best option at the moment and I wish I had better news for our Helo family. It’s hard for me to even write this at this point. Julia and I always find a way to make things happen (our current location took 3 times before we finally got it) and we are doing everything we can to keep our Helo family together. We have been keeping the coaches informed throughout and will keep you, our members, informed as soon as we have anything positive to update every one of you with. We will not let you down.  

Thank you for reading.


Coach Alecio 

Attention: Congratulations to Coach Kris on successfully passing the CrossFit Level 2  Coaches’ Course!